Dynaudio is lauded for its excellent compact loudspeakers, and the Focus 160 is a fine example and justification for this acclaim.
Even this most compact model of the Focus range incorporates Dynaudio’s legendary soft dome tweeter, whose topology now features a vastly improved precision coating, and an enhanced MSP mid/woofer equipped with a new voice coil assembly featuring new black Kapton® formers and new die-cast aluminum basket frame.
The drive units have been perfectly matched with phase optimized 1st order crossovers featuring the highest quality components. The cabinet construction has been improved for lower resonance and greater rigidity and enables an even better performance of the woofer.
The Focus 160, especially in medium to smaller sized rooms, positioned on the optional Dynaudio Stand4 for example, amazes with incredible speed, excellent micro-dynamics, natural musicality, a wide open soundstage and an exceptionally precise and homogenous sonic performance down to the lower bass.
• Coated 28 mm soft dome tweeter with Precision Coating for natural, clean and clear highs
• 17 cm MSP Mid/Woofer with 75 mm aluminum coil for deep, precise bass down to 40 Hz
• New slim-line die-cast aluminum basket for increased rigidity and lower resonance
• Aluminum wire voice coil on new black Kapton® coil former for increased power handling
• 1st order crossover with 6 dB slope for perfectly linear phase coherence
• Highest quality crossover components for absolute sound neutrality
• Optional: Dynaudio Stand4 speaker stand for free-standing placement or SF¹ speaker foot for sideboard/bookshelf placement (Black or Silver)